This rice dish is aromatic and delicious. Goes well with any meat, chicken or vegetable curry.
Serves: 6-8 peopleINGREDIENTS
2 cups Basmati rice
3 cups hot water
1 medium onion sliced
1 medium tomatoes chopped
3 cloves whole
3 cardamoms whole
2 inch stick cinnamon
4 tbsp oil or ghee
- Wash rice and soak for 20 minutes. Then drain.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté onion and spices until onion turns light brown.
- Then add diced tomatoes and sauté until soft.
- Add rice and sauté gently for a minute.
- Add hot water, season and cook on medium heat.
- Let water come to a boil without the lid. When liquid reduces to level of rice, turn the heat down and simmer on low heat with lid on.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Leave the rice to rest for approx. 5 minutes before serving.